Nothing beats a reliable knife. While the so called ‘high caliber’ department store knives perform at a high level within the first few months alone, they quickly grow blunt, accumulate rust, and are rendered useless.
Handmade knives, on the other hand, are made to last.
MASS PRODUCTION IS OF NO SENTIMENTAL VALUE
While most production companies produce over 3000 cooking utensils ie spoons, knives, forks, in no time at all, through mass production, there is no real value or inartistic sentiment attached to individual items.
There is no true thought or purposeful effort exerted into the creation of eating utensils, simply a company’s reaction to supply and demand.
Handmade knives are commonly crafted by groups, or sole individuals. Not only does It not read “Made in ____” , but is rather handcrafted by someone who gave their upmost attention to detail in uniquely crafting the knife for you.
ADD TO YOUR KNIFE COLLECTION
Some of us collect coins, shoes, scarfs, while there are a select few of us whom take pride in collecting handmade knives.
While knives are generic items and are found in most modern homes,
handmade knife collectors are not the typical ‘just for eating’ users.
Not only do collectors love the feeling of having something tailor made just for them, a collectors’ collection is also an expression of art and personal aesthetics
YOU HAVE OPTIONS
YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE YOUR DESIGN
Most handmade knives are portable, and are designed to fit by the side of ones your pocket.
A major attraction of handmade knifes, is that a person can customize their very own knife, or look up similar knives relating to their preferred type.
Handmade knives are made from a variety of materials, shapes and also serve a myriad of purposes. The materials used for the spine of a knives include wood, metal, ceramic etc.
When looking to purchase a handmade knife, there are a few things to put into consideration.
2 MAJOR TIPS FOR CHOOSING A HANDMADE KNIFE
• Make Sure The Handles Fit
Lets face it, we all have different hand sizes. Your handmade knife would probably fare to miniature butter knife to someone twice your size , so the most important tip would be to ensure the handmade knife you are electing to purchase is of ideal hand size.
• What Kind Of Steel Do You Require?
“Stainless” steels are a type of steel with chromium composition within them. The chromium element protects the knife from corrosion and rust. “Stainless” stell is often regarded as the top tier, since most steels on the market without the chromium element , i.e Carbon steel, have potential to corrode and rust when neglected to not properly maintained
WHO USES A HANDMADE KNIFE?
CHEFS USE HANDMADE KNIVES
• Handmade knifes are highly efficient and suitable for everyday use such as chopping up meat, fruits, and vegetables, which is why professional chefs are always equipped with a set of them.
HANDMADE KNIFE EASILY CUTS LARGE THANKSGIVING TURKIES
• Whenever thanksgiving arrives and the whole family is gathered around the turkey in anticipation, hosts feel more at ease knowing you are equipped with your smooth cutting handmade knife, makes all the difference.
HOMEMADE KNIVES AID HUNTERS IN HUNTING LARGER GAME
• For those whom like to hunt, homemade knifes are razor sharp, precise, and tailored with an extra attention to detail. So next time you are deer hunting and need a knife capable to removing the fur off your game, homemade knife is the way to go.
THE LITTLE BENEFITS OF HANDMADE KNIVES
Think about all the little inconveniences you could eliminate just by having that little thing with you all the time.
• Whenever you are eating a piece of fruit and would like to cut it into smaller pieces, your handmade knife is readily accessible for you.
• We all know the feeling of frantically looking for a knife or box cutter after receiving a long awaited package. Having a handmade knife within your reach, instantly eliminates the triviality of cutting thick plastic tapes and plastic cable zip ties from your new products.
A FEW TYPES OF POINTS HANDMADE KNIVES ARE MADE OF.
• Needle Point
• Spear Point
• Kurki Point
• Drop Point